We wanted to let you know that we are re-configuring the physical space of the inn and reworking our procedures to comply with the CDC universal precautions for containing the spread of COVID-19. These steps are being taken to help keep you (and us!) healthy during your next stay.
- Hand sanitization stations will be provided at the inn entrance and the beverage station.
- Masks will be provided for guests upon entry to the inn. Guests are free to bring their own masks.
- Guests are asked to maintain six feet between the staff and other guests and to yield to each other when on the stairway or in the halls.
- The “What’s for Dinner” and “Hiking Trails” ring binders will no longer be available. Please ask the innkeepers to retrieve menus and trail maps for you.
- The billiard table will be temporarily off-limits to make way for additional dining space.
Nutmeg Inn Staff Safety
- We will be wearing masks during food preparation, serving, and room servicing and cleaning.
- We will be practicing social distancing with our guests and each other (Handshakes and hugs will be virtual only! You will have to imagine our smiles behind our masks when we are so happy to see you.)
- We are re-configuring our dining and common areas, changing them from communal dining to small tables spaced at least six feet apart.
- Outside service can be accommodated in good weather.
- Self-serve buffet stations will no longer be available. Instead, guests will be able to request individual portions of Mark’s sourdough bread, Lynne’s granola, and pre-packaged yogurt. Afternoon snacks will be served at the beverage station in individual packaging.
- Guests staying in the Nutmeg Suite and Sugar Shack can be served separately in their suites upon request.
- We will be offering a take-away breakfast option. Please let us know the night before.
- The beverage station (coffee/tea/sodas) will remain where it is, but guests are asked to use the hand sanitizing station and wear masks before touching pump pots or grabbing other refreshments.
- Condiments will be served in individual packaging. This includes sugar, cream, butter, jelly, salt, and pepper.
- Guest tables and chairs will be wiped with disinfectant between seatings.
- High-touch common areas will be wiped with disinfectant at least twice per day.
- Our rooms will have a new look. Bedspreads and extra pillows with shams will be replaced with a “triple sheeting” system which will be laundered and replaced between guest stays.
- In addition to our usual detailed cleaning and sanitizing procedures, Housekeeping will wipe down all high-touch areas (light switches, doorknobs, etc.) with disinfectant as a part of normal servicing and cleaning.
- Guests may opt out of daily servicing of their rooms by hanging the “Do not disturb” sign on their outside doorknobs.
We plan to re-open in June providing the NH stay-at-home order is lifted. Please select the “check availability” button for the latest availability information.